St Andrews Veterinary Clinic is an 'B' class hospital.
We offer a comprehensive range of medical and surgical services, for the best possible investigation, diagnosis and treatment of your pets.
We also provide for all of your pet's routine health needs with services such as vaccinations, heartworm testing, microchips and desexing, as well as a wide selection of available health care products.
We offer services not only for dogs and cats, but also rabbits, ferrets, rodents and any other small animals.
Some of our services include:
- Vaccinations for dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets for the prevention of potentially fatal viral and bacterial diseases. Importantly, each visit includes a health check by our vets.
- Worming, heartworm prevention and flea control.
- Dietary advice, including special diets for different life stages, and for special needs such as weight loss, pregnancy, allergies, kidney and bladder problems.
- Diagnostic services including blood tests, pathology and radiology (Xrays).
We perform many of our blood and pathology tests on our premises, ensuring quick results, and also refer to and consult with specialist pathology laboratories.
- Microchip implants including nationwide AAR registration for rapid identification if your pet is lost or injured.
- Dental services including examination, cleaning, scaling, polishing and extractions.
Dental disease is very common in our pets. We offer dental examinations and advice on home dental care to keep your pet's teeth clean & healthy. We are fully equipped with ultrasonic scalers, high speed polishers and cutting tools to provide the best possible dental services for your pet.
- Management of all medical problems including skin diseases, allergies, ear infections, gastrointestinal problems (vomiting and diarrhoea), endocrine disorders (eg. diabetes, adrenal and thyroid disorders)
- All surgical services including routine procedures such as desexing, as well as a full range of soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery.
- Behavioural advice on a variety of problems including biting, aggression, barking, fears and phobias (eg. thunderstorms), destructive behaviour, urine marking and house-training.
- Referral to specialists in veterinary medicine and surgery, including dermatologists, radiologists, opthalmologists, animal behaviourists and others.
We work with some of Australia's top specialists in both private and university hospitals, offering referral where appropriate for the best possible specialist treatment.
- Continuing education ensures that all our staff are up-to-date on the latest and best advice on all aspects of pet care.
- Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day. Although we work on an appointment system, emergencies are always given priority and our vets are generally contactable 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies.
- House Call or Patient Pick-Up
Our vets are available for house-calls where needed, or (a cheaper option) our nurses can pick-up your pet from your home, bring them back to our hospital for veterinary examination, and then return them to your home.
- Puppy Preschool provides essential socialisation and training to puppies, as well as important education to their owners on all aspects of pet care.
- Client Education is a very important aspect of our service. After all, it is ultimately you, the pet's owner that provides for the health care needs of your pet. We do this both verbally in our consultations and over the phone, as well as via this web-site. We provide a newsletter to all current clients on a variety of topics, most of these written by our own veterinarians.